"The Independent Project"

Last week, we watched a video about "The Independent Project" a school designed and implemented entirely by students.

The Independent Project is definitely a unique and original concept - being able to set your own rules, create your own assignments and have no teachers.

The idea appeals to me because of the innovative concept; giving students the opportunity to control and design their own learning. This would be a great way for students who don't do as well in typical academic schools to express themselves and learn in a non-traditional system. Furthermore, what really appeals to me is the free time in the afternoon given to students to work on whatever they want - be it learn to play the piano, conduct science experiments or design the next big thing.

However, I don't know how well the idea would work out in the long run. How would the students function without teachers and rules? Would a system where students could learn freely be the best idea?

But the only way to find out is to try it out yourself.

I personally would not join this program right now, because at my age I perform better in school where there is more structure and rules. However, I think this program would work well for older students who already have a idea of where they want to move forward in their life.

Overall, I think the Independent Project is a great idea - for some people. It is definitely a unique idea for a black and white world.



0 comments:

Post a Comment