Independent Project Response!

The Independent project was really interesting to me. It was really different to see students having so much control to what they were to do in school. It really gave students who weren't so good at academic courses, a chance to show that they actually do have some talent. It gives everyone an equal chance to get into the university of their choice. Each week, they had to present their project that they had been working on the whole week to their classmates and then each classmate would critique each other on their projects. The independent project did actually have teachers but the teachers didn't tell them what to do, they were simply there to help the students if they needed help. This idea is very appealing but I think it would work best for the older grades (10-12) because they have a better idea of what they want to do or major in later in life so they can actually create projects within that field. I would not attend the independent project right now because I don't feel like I am mature enough to being on my own all semester. I still feel like I need a teacher's guidance to help me through. But overall, I think it's a wonderful opportunity if you don't really do well in academic courses!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a good response Sydney! :) I agree that we should have grades 10-12 in are school making there own classes. Try not to use the same words over and over again! Watch your word choice and try using different words to give your response some flavor. That will keep the reader interested! overall good job Sydney and I like your ideas about this creative thought that kids made up! :)

Unknown said...

why do you believe that by making your own classes it gives everyone a chance to get into university? don't you think to get into a university you should have more knowledge?

Post a Comment