Independent Project Response

  I really think that that is an interesting idea. If done it should only be for the older grades, like 11 or 12. This would be so the students in the class would already know all the basics of the subjects to incorporate in their projects. My first thought was it looked a lot like Genius Hour. Even though I said it was interesting I don't like the idea myself.... If there isn't any marks, or grades then how do you pass the course? Can you pass by just presenting even if the project doesn't deserve to pass?
  However, there were some aspects I did like... first was the question of the week. I thought it was interesting, and we could incorporate it into the Genius Hour class next year. The second was the check-in at the beginning of the day. I think by doing this the students become closer and more friendly than if they just went off and did their work.
  I really don't think this kind of school would work for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment