No Red Pill, No Blue Pill Response

  
  I must say, this article can really relate to a lot of students. I know it relates to me. Many times I have found myself bored and not wanting to learn. I am in Ms. Lees hum 8 class, we do this thing called Genius Hour. Genius Hour is when the students create their own projects and present it when finished. This allows students to do and learn what they want to.

    I liked how the author wrote the article. The beginning was really good and drew me in to read the rest of the article. One thing I didn't like was the pictures. They were too distracting from the message of the post. I think it would be a lot better if the pictures weren't as big. Another thing I liked a lot was that she put a link on words that were confusing, or people didn't know. This is good because it will allow the audience to connect further, as well as expand their vocabulary.

     I think the audience is both students and teachers... The post says in each class there are those who want to learn, as well as those who don't. The audience includes teachers because the article says that if the teacher loses inspiration or motivation then they aren't just stopping those who don't want to learn, but those who want to learn also. This causes those who want to learn to lose motivation, making them less interested in school.

Create your own opinions... Read the authors blog at http://dreamweavelearn.wordpress.com/author/acsaffron/.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agreed with everything you said in this post. I agree that it is very important to keep kids motivated. This does relate to our genius hour projects because you have all the power. I also liked how you related yourself to the topic basically "text to self" it helps the reader understand you more.

I thought that maybe you should combine some of your paragraphs because some had the same topic but you split them up. Try to group similar topics together so you can have some really great long paragraphs. That was the only problem with your post!! When I was reading I thought that you made your point clearly and I understood and could also relate to everything you said. Overall great job!

Unknown said...

Hey Jarrod!

I liked how you included how this relates to our Genius Hour projects and to the audience. I liked how you wrote your response in a "text to self" tone as it helped the audience with understanding the connections.

As Jessica mentioned above, I would suggest combining some of your paragraphs together as some of them focus on the same topic but are split into multiple paragraphs.

I would also recommend expanding on your post a bit, for example when you said "this article can relate to a lot of students" expand on that. How does it relate to them or why.

But overall, you did a great job with this post. Your focus was clear and easy to understand. Great job Jarrod!

Unknown said...

Hey Jarrod Ms Lees wanted me to tell you that you need to hand in your January Hace assignment

Post a Comment