The BC Election

I voted for the liberals in our school election. I liked their campaign promises, and how they would apply to me later in my education. When I did the CBC vote compass the outcome for who's campaign suited me the most was the NDP, however this did not sway my vote towards them. Last time they were in government they gave BC a huge debt. Once elected out it took the liberals another 4 years to finish paying the debt off. I also believe that this would happen again if they were elected into government again. Their campaign promises had a huge total cost, making me believe this can happen again. Also I would like to say that sometimes people start complaining about what the government does. The government tries to do the best they can for the province, and when people complain about what the government did last time they were elected they don't think about the things that they had to fix.

Speaking of people that complain about the government I would like to talk about their right to vote. They can vote, giving them a chance to elect the party to win. So when they complain they shouldn't blame the government, we were the ones that put them in that position. We are the ones who agreed to what they do because they promised to do it. There are also people who don't vote AND complain about the government. I have only one thing to say... You can vote too. Don't complain if you don't even vote. As Canadians we have the right, the privilege and the responsibility to vote for who runs our country, and our provinces.

Lastly I would like to talk about the involvement of media in the elections now a days. This is a very useful way of transferring information, however it is not right for the media to try to sway a vote. They should stay neutral throughout the election. This would give a much more fair vote because people can listen the info about each party and choose for themselves who to vote for. It is unfair for a news reporter to go 'And I am going to vote for________ because they say they are going to do ______, _________ and ___________. Because of this you should vote for them too.'


That's all for now........

1 comments:

sydneyt said...

Hi Jarrod!

I really liked how you have everything organized in different paragraphs or sections. I think it is really good that you are making connections to yourself and not just listing facts! It makes the reader more interested in what you are writing. The good thing is, you have a few facts in there but not too many to the point that the reader will be bored with what they are reading! You have a good balance of facts and connections!

Great job!

Post a Comment